Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Spiritual-Social Model

Continuing from my last post on How do People of Color Handle Stress, I wanted to
discuss the spiritual-social model. Why this model? I never have seen it named it before.
Based on my experiences and and knowledge of religion and spirituality this is a superior
model. Why?

The psycho-social model comes out of Freudian theories. We need a model that addresses
our reality. Spirituality that I speak of relates to indigenous systems. Systems that include
nature, support systems and science that maintains a balance in life. The social component
is one that includes inequality and injustices, else we are just lying to ourselves.

In our process to handle stress, what meta-physical sciences do we apply daily. Let me
simplify. The things that are abstract, these things we don't understand,  God, breath, love, etc...
Almost all cultures have indigenous sciences that have principles that help us live in the physical
world with all it's complications.

Next post-Religion

#TARTW #Thutmosejanic #ThutmoseGC

No comments: