Thursday, February 6, 2014

What About Those Western Religions?

Olodumare and Lemanja
by Mikaelquite

As I continue on this journey of entrepreneurship, it is important that each entrepreneur know thier self worth. What is your potential? Is the sky truly the limit? On what do you base such an assumption? If you live in America, all our images and information are confusing. Our leaders tell us the economy is getting better, but nobody mentions poverty. Is poverty a curse word? We look at ourselves and we see limitations. Yet, our churches tell us we are made in the image of God.


Our western religions tells us we are made in the image of God, but I am a black man in America. How do I measure myself in the image of the God I have been shown? According to western religions all African religious systems are inferior to western religions. We have been shown and told African practices follow paganism, heathenism, etc.... So how do I develop a healthy image of myself, so that I can truly become independent and on many different levels (balance)? My suggestion, we must take a closer look at African origins of the major "Western Religions." Above is an artist  interpretation of Olodumare the God of the Yoruba people. How does this image make you feel? In comparision to the images of a white God, many have been conditioned to believe?


No comments: