Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Time to do Some Pruning

A few months ago I brought some plants that absorb toxins out of the apartment. One of the plants was lush, full and green after I purchased it. I placed them all in my bedroom and I would swear my sleep was better that night and each night after the first. After a month I noticed that one plants leaves was browning, then the leaves started to dry up. I watered the plants during the week, but these are indoor plants and they should be doing well. Then I started thinking I will need to replace this plant because it is dying for whatever reasons.

Now I know the importance of pruning. You cut shear, pinch, clip some of the plant that is not growing properly or is taking energy away from the major growth of the plant. The goal is to maximize the growth of the plant and enjoy the beauty or fruit of the plant. Working in a urban garden it would seem I should know this, but this is a different plant a different environment.
As time past I lamented about the lost of this once beautiful plant.

However this weekend I started to prune all the brown leaves and to my pleasant surprise under
all those large dead leaves was a bunch of new green leaves growing. More pruning and it became
clear I had a entire new plant growing.This was a reminder to me that all life has various seasons and cycles. We cannot always understand and know when a cycle starts or stops. What we all can do is to remember to prune ourselves. Prune our environment our apartment and home, even our friends. Many people talk about those were the good old days, we wish it was like that now. No, we need to prune ourselves and see what new growth we have, see and experience a newness we do not see because of the dead leaves covering potential and possibility. Time to do some pruning.

No comments: